Wednesday, 08 August 2007

moja, mbili, tatu... :-)

yess, your babyAngel is taking seriously the swahili courses! though i think i'll need someone to teach me cos this book i have it's not that swahili that people speak here in Kenya :-P

otherwise... guys i miss the Friday drinks, we've been to long time ago out together for MC team drink, we should do that again. I agree with Leah, it helps a lot in getting back in the mood after a tiring week.

i was thinking a lot what to write here today, while I was trying to send an e-mail from the office again for like 4-5 hours (this time i finally gave it up and sent it from home), and then i started to explain to Quincy (former LCP of LC Moi) why it worth to go and live abroad for a longer period of time - and i decided to write about what i have learnt in the last 2 months since i've been here in Kenya.

The first and maybe most important thing is that i'm rediscovering myself. i thought i know everything about Vicki, but when i arrived to Kenya, started to act differently than i had used to in the past, then the feedbacks i'm getting time by time here... i just know that i still don't know myself enough.
The second most important thing is patience. Patience towards people, towards machines (especially computers) and patience simply regarding life and things. i still have to develop this skill, because sometimes i start worrying about certain things too early, but i think i've already improved a lot.
A bit linked to patienced, but not totally covering it is determination. if i want to reach something, trying is not enough. Yoda was right: "Do or do not but try not." i think i learnt how to use all my willingness and how to be extra pushy (at least comparing to myself) so that i can get what i want.

I also learnt not to speak to Phil when he's working on the computer, cos he'll not hear what i'm saying. But when he's listening, he really does. I know when Juliet is upset, you can make her feeling better with bringing a tea or a mandazi for her, and i respect both Sly and Juliet for their patience towards their PCs. And Leah, she becomes happy any time seeing Family Guys.

And the last but also very important thing: i have been too stressed on some things time by time all along in my life. i shouldn't be. i learn here: problems solve themselves (as my best friend usually kept telling me before, but it only got a deeper meaning here for me), i have to take it easy and enjoy life.

No comments: