Thursday, 12 July 2007

Uganda was whoooooo.....

When it comes to Uganda, most Kenyans will agree with me that the country is blessed with food. Thats not all I learnt from Uganda, but I had made a promise to myself at the beginning of this year that I would go to Uganda. It dint make much sense that Uganda is a sniffing distance away from Kenya and I have never been there. So the strategy was, to ensure the meeting was in Uganda, and that happened.

Now, my point about the food is this. Rolex is not only what Uganda is all about. For those who dont know what a rolex is, its a chapati rolled on two fried eggs. If you ask me, there are other stuff such as "the great Luwombo", which is a great delicacy of stew served on banana leaves.

Tuesday was the day I traveled, first I thought that it was a bad move to travel on the second day of your term in office. But I am indeed very confident that my angels are great on the job, so I only received one call from Mama pesa regarding the ambassadors who had just jetted in. However, it was just an assurance as she had already sorted the concerns. Thats great Juliet!

The journey to Ug was long, as said above, I thought it would have been around 6 to 10 Hrs, but it was 15Hrs, so you can imagine a stretch of more than 12 Hrs while raining and the bad cold weather for July.

So getting to UG was great...a person once said that if you dont have time to do something, dont even start, I have just received a call and I to pen off...for now, our baby angel Viky wont cry that I dint post sth :)

To be continued.

No comments: