Friday, 20 July 2007

From De'Lorenzo...encounters from down south.

I know I owe you guys the story in Uganda, but I also know that If I finish it, you might end up snoozing the whole time because, after I reached Uganda, it was all about the MCPs meeting, the bonding as well as going to party every night, not forgeting a place called Wandegeya. Now, this place is an open restaurant specializing on Chicken and rolexes. I bet you can remember what a rolex is.

Me and the MCP boys from EA, literary packed at this place we almost called home. The first time we were here, it was indeed a shocker to see food being prepared in the open and questions of hygiene ponder your mind. All the same, the chicken was sumptuous. Kevin couldnt resist demanding with authority that we go there every now and then. It was even worse with Stanley (MCP TZ), he disappeared from "Steak Out" a rave joint to go and get a bite. I wonder how he managed to go home at that hour, 3am, without getting lost.

Anyway, this morning, I got an email from a friend of 6 years. When Shivo went down south, it occured to me that indeed time had come for us guys to move on and more so, for Shivo, for an internship. Something that he has managed and sang about for the last 6 years that I have known him. For Shivo, exchange runs in his body like blood, and I wonder how he sees himself as a trainee

I believe he is indeed enjoying himself down South, but Shivo what amazes me is that you disappeared unceremoniously without notice. I dont know whether its a tactic so that we can hook up in 2010 to watch world cup finals putting up in your house... but guys, read below, and you will understand what am reminiscing now...

Hi all,
It will be hogwash if i said that i dont miss you guys...the bare truth is that i miss you all.I miss Mo with all the headaches she used to give me,in some way she still does...i miss Smelly Kelly from the moment you ditched me for the girl...its all good.I miss Baariu...we used to end up bored in the office peep on guys as they get their groove..is Phil in the house....(Am listening!)

...as for you Phil let me just say that im proud of you.You basically carry the trophy for the past year and this year coming.I look forward to great things coming your way.And you better share the limelight and hustle with your angels...do you hear Charlie...

As the Dodgy Man..i gotta tell that its funny being an intern.This is the point where you officially kiss the AIESEC network goodbye and embrace your world of friends..i speak to my friends now who by the way are all AIESEC guys and the vibe suddenly is different...most of em are spread out in worlds and territories basically in an internship,job or a higher AIESEC pursuit.

I kinda reached a comfort zone knowing that im officially heading for my future...and that is what counts for me now.My future...

My first workday was kinda bittersweet and memorable.The team here is super kind to me...i got a conner work station with a beautiful view of Durban.Im just about to read through a couple of standard company material then probably go for a clean shave.You know after such days of transit the face hair kind gets to bloom and it irritates me so....well i finally did and now as clean as a tit.

Ha ha im quite sure i raised some hair there but who cares...basically what i do at work is a mix of things...im just gonna read to you what is on my employment contract...oh yeah the word JD here is not known what they know are contracts am just about signing one...

Anyway while im here im gonna be working at the consulting function of the company involving me actively in management consulting,identifying new opportunities in Durban based bussinesses and developing thrive models....im gonna be project managing an AIESEC skills project for 40% of my time...

Paradox of the story is...i really believe in the current MC SA team.I spent the weekend with them and Unati is just my typical MCP.One who empowers her team 100%.She's got Mo's style and she is great company...anyways...yeah i was interrupted even lost my track..

...maybe next time im gonna drop more vibes your sides...i wish you all the very best.I know Jem is enroute to Armsterdam...Smelly K will be going to Sweden next week...Phil...is stuck with the Angels (I enjoy it man! Which male species wont?)...Mo where are you puchy pie....

Mad love.

Shivo


Thats it for today folks, until next time, av been your presenter...Phil
PS: Mama Pesa and Laptop girl..Leah...mko wapi joh!

No comments: